Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Day 28

My first 5min run today, I was dreading it from last weeks efforts.

This time I was trying something new, I found a podcast specifically for the program I'm running, thought I'd give it a go (http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/page4/files/category-7.html). He introduced this weeks as 2x (3min/5min) runs, with much shorter breaks. I thought the last 5min run was an error, Actually went home and checked it before running outside again. Overall I prefer my own music and knowing how far I have to go- at one point I thought I was almost done with my 5min run, Quote the mp3 "halfway there", I was not happy with him at that point.

Overall, I'm really happy, managed the first 5min barely, walking was a sweet release, but the second one went easier, probably just a terrain thing, (harder on grass easier on tarmac), but i made it home and wasn't majorly dead. Although I didn't see myself doing much more after.

Also very pleased to be cutting rest periods so i'm not walking/running equally

My shin pain is back, I've been slacking on exercising it. Going to be fixing that.

TLDR: 2x (180 run, 90 walk, 300 run, 150 walk)

No comments:

Post a Comment