Saturday, 23 April 2011

Day 6

1pm
Woke up this morning tempted to do at least a walk today, despite skipping the last few rest days. So I put on my shoes and loaded up the MP3 player I've dug out; bright pink unfortunately- My personal one is hard-disk based and I don't think it'd cope.
Before I get out the door I'm invited to run with some of the people I'm going to run the race with, So from a rest day to a running day, I'm so good at this taking a break thing.

Managed to dig out a heart rate monitor a little while ago, part of the configuration is setting your weight/height/age. The scales scared me, 214 pounds, I think that's the heaviest I've ever been, how did that happen? Even woke up this morning and everything felt flat and nice. It's far too early in training to say its muscle. I'm going to have to go the whole hog, set up a good diet to go along with this. after bbq.

6pm
Set out for a good run shortly after arriving at York, Route plotted out at a mile. Managed to run half of it trying to keep up, nothing like competitiveness to motivate myself. Although I most definitely lost the run, and the short sprint near the end (just didn't have the reserve energy to go full speed), I'm happy because compared to day one, 500 m with a break, 800 and being able to at least walk is a huge boost over a few days training.

Afterwards it felt like my face was smeared with hot jam, and my legs still hurt(writing this the morning after), And I had to give in on a party I was really enjoying at 11 just because I was so tired. Extra rule noted, No hard exercise on the days I have to stay up. I'll hopefully be able to put times for the run on here later on.

Day 6 TLDR

Weight :- 214 pounds
Running :- 800m(ish)  at 12min/mile
Traversed :- 1.6 km

No comments:

Post a Comment