Friday, 22 April 2011

Day 5

Today I was still feeling sore from pushing myself yesterday, while I was laid in bed last night it felt like I was wearing fat pants around my legs, that and some sort of increased gravity field affecting any place below my
waist. (is it normal for your leg muscles to feel rock solid even with no weight on them?)

I was expecting this, I've been well above my normal activity level after all, so I'm expecting a lot of stress on my muscles and joints as they get used to moving properly again.

So I didn't want to slack completely today, but I really don't want to pull anything and be forced to miss out on a  few days of training, The plan was to walk, I had a route marked out that was a kilometre long, Finished two laps, took about 21 minutes, but I totally cheated and jogged the last 50 meters or so. no new aches, and now I have good data for how long it's going to take me if I only walk, if I use a running day to figure out my jogging speed, I can figure out the minimum amount I have to run to make my (current) goal time. Sounds lazy, but I need something closer to motivate me properly.

This weekend I'm at two BBQs, fortunately my separate liver training is complete, but I'll probably have to wait until Monday to run again, unless I manage to sneak in a bit on Sunday. At least my legs will have a good rest.

Day 5 TLDR : 1km 21 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment