Friday, 22 April 2011

Day 1-4

Day 1
So after I've decided I'm going to do this, first thing I do, since I fallaciously assume myself to be a thinker and have a good scientific thinking progress, is to test myself to see what I can get up to. Upon hitting the field near my house, and running most of a lap around some football pitches, I do some maths based on average football pitch size, and come up with being able to do run 1km(with a minute of full stop resting on the goalpost).

Not too bad as a starting point, Since I'm expecting to be able to triple that, and be able to keep walking in-between long enough to recover fully and do it again during the race. No Timer used.

Day 2
A day of rest, Since I believe I'm on track, and I keep hearing it's best to run alternate days. Read a post on the forums I go to about someone being unhappy about managing two miles in 23 minutes, I replied by saying I'd managed something similar and at this point, it looks on track for a good time. (also played lots and lots of portal 2)

Day 3
Endurance training! Having picked a good initial goal as halfway down the list of last years finishers, I have a goal of 53 minutes to finish. Being lazy however, I decided to just do as many laps as I could in half an hour and extrapolate from that. Fairly quickly my feet  begin to hurt because I'm using shitty shoe that lets me feel every pebble and bump I stand on, finish early after 5 laps and decide to go into town the next day and get some proper shoes. Very out of breath. (also to find the stopwatch and not rely on a damn kitchen timer)

Day 4
Day of rest. Disaster, Because of the big margin of error in my current measure of my circuit based on average pitch sizes (there is no hard standard) today I got curious and plotted the four corners on google maps and found out my circuit is dead on HALF of what I had thought. Not only am I not on track, I think that makes me the least fit out of all the gaming nerds (Don't take offence, I'm one too) at my forums.

I'd gotten my new shoes and decided the best thing to do was start pushing harder, so I went to the pitch and stretched, But before I was at the first corner I felt soreness running up on the inside of my legs. pushed myself to do a lap and came home.

New plan, Alternate days between running and walking, only occasionally taking full rest days.

Day 1 TLDR:- 1 Kilometre  500 m sprint, No time recorded, and a rest of 2-3 minutes before the end.
Day 3 TLDR:- 3 Kilometre  1.5km Walking/running  25 min.
Day 4 TLDR:- 500m stumble, no time recorded


No comments:

Post a Comment